SOUTH INDIA DELIGHT
DURATION : 8 Nights / 9 Days
DESTINATIONS : Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Mysore - Ooty - Cochin
- Mahabalipuram and Kanchipuram, famous for their spectacular rock temple carvings.
- The richly carved, intricate and colorful Mysore palace.
- Ooty, the queen of hill stations in India
- A picturesque drive from Mysore to Ooty
- Fort Kochi, an amalgam of old Portuguese, British and Dutch architectural treasures
- Flexible tailor-made booking options
Best Season: January- February- March – April & October November December
â€‹The tour starts with our arrival in the southern metropolis of Chennai (previously Madras) and transfer to Mahabalipuram en-route visiting the famous temple town of Kanchipuram. Famous for its myriad of over 100 temples and exquisite saris, Kanchipuram provides a great introduction to the cultural heritage of India’s deep south. Onwards we continue to Mahabalipuram, a UNESCO world heritage site and a place of primary importance in the art history of India. Its temples and sculptures are not only some of the earliest in this region, but also significant in variety and elegance. This is the only place where you can find all the three styles of temples, namely, cave shrines, single-stone temples and structural temples. Open-air bass-relief is a product of creative Pallava mind cannot be seen anywhere else. We spend the whole of our second day in this exquisite place taking in the various sights, culture and enjoying local exploration.
On day 3 we’ll take the morning train to Mysore and spend the following day exploring yet another jewel of south India’s art and history. We will visit the opulent and magnificent Mysore palace, Srirangapatna and Daria Daulat and the adjoining Chamundi hills famous for an ancient hindu temple and an impressive stone carved Nandi (bull) sculpture.
From Mysore, we will continue onto the picturesque and colonial hill-station of Ootacamund (Ooty) visiting local botanical gardens, rose garden, nearby Doddabetta peak and the local wax museum. Ooty provides a great natural and cultural contrast to the ancient temple towns of Mysore and Mahabalipuram. Continuing onwards from Ooty we will cross over from Tamil Nadu into the adjoining state of Kerala visiting its ancient and famous city of Cochin. One of the ancient continuously inhabited places in the world, its said that ships from here sailed to the Roman empire and beyond loaded with Indian spices and condiments. Cochin also has been a melting pot of cultures from centuries and we will be visiting some ancient cathedrals and Jewish synagogues here that are centuries old and a testament to the history and times they were established.
This nine day sojourn takes you right into the heart of India's cultural heritage, rock carvings, famous Hindu temples, ostentatious places, blends of architectural styles, the famous mausoleum of Tipu Sultan and the beautiful hill station of Ootacamund - all makes for a fascinating journey into India's vibrant and delightful south.
Inclusions / Exclusions
The Price Includes:
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis as per program.
- Arrival/Departure with assistance.
- AC transport as per program.
- English Speaking Local Guide as per Program.
- One bottle of water per person per day.
- All fuel, parking, toll, state taxes & driver allowances.
- GST 5%.
The Price Excludes:
- Any airfare / visa / insurance
- Any meals except mentioned in the column cost includes.
- Any Monument Entrance Fees.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, beverages, laundry, telephone calls, photography, video fee, etc.
- Any new taxes / fees imposed by the Government.