MARKHA VALLEY TREK( MODRATE TREK) - 14 DAYS | TREKKING 07 DAYS
DURATION : 13 Nights / 14 Days
DESTINATIONS : Delhi - Leh - Rumbak - Yurutse - Skiu - Markha - Thachungtse - Nimalig - Shangsumdo - Leh - Delhi
Best Season: June- July- August – September
After a few days in and around Leh to acclimatize and take in the local sights, including some spectacular monasteries, our itinerary sets out from picturesque Spituk village on the banks of Indus. The long climb up the Ganda La (4900m) (‘La’ means pass in Tibetan) is rewarded with truly breathtaking views across the Zanskar and Stok ranges and the snowcapped Karakoram, before the trail descends into a willow and wild rose-filled gorge to enter the picturesque Markha Valley.
The route then follows the Markha River, passing through lush farmland and traditional villages. The head of the valley is dominated by the glaciated Kang Yatze peak (6400m) rising high above the pastures of Nimaling - an idyllic camp site for one night.
Kongmaru La (5200m) marks the highest point of our trek, with excellent views of Kang Yatze, the distant Nun-Kun peaks and northwards to the shimmering peaks that mark the Tibetan border. After a day’s descent we’ll return by road to Leh for some much deserved down-time, before flying back to Delhi
- Trek through the Ladakh landscape, visiting remote villages and ancient Buddhist monasteries
- Stunning view of Kang Yatze peak (6400m) from Kongmaru La (5200m), the highest point
- Hemis Monastery, the richest and the most famous monastery in Ladakh
- The beautiful pastures and camp site at Nimaling, dominated by impressive Kang Yatze peak (6400m)
- Walking alongside the picturesque Markha river
- Flexible tailor-made booking options
Perched high in the mountains on the remote northern edge of India, Ladakh is a truly inspirational destination for a trekking holiday. This classic trek takes you through a spectacular high-altitude world with breathtaking vistas, entrancing scenery and the chance to see wildlife - this is the realm of elusive snow leopard, mountain goats, marmots and vultures. You’ll also experience Buddhist culture with visits to remote monasteries, and cross high passes marked by colourful prayer flags.
Inclusions / Exclusions
The Price Includes:
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis as per program.
- Arrival/Departure with assistance.
- AC transport as per program.
- English Speaking Local Guide as per Program.
- One bottle of water per person per day.
- All fuel, parking, toll, state taxes & driver allowances.
- GST 5%
The Price Excludes:
- Any airfare / visa / insurance
- Any meals except mentioned in the column cost includes.
- Any Monument Entrance Fees.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, beverages, laundry, telephone calls, photography, video fee, etc.
- Any new taxes / fees imposed by the Government.