LAND OF LADAKH TREK
DURATION : 11 Nights / 12 Days
DESTINATIONS : Delhi - Leh - Likir - Yangthang - Hemis Shukpachan - Temisgam - Leh - Delhi
Best Season: April – May - June - July – August - September
The tour starts with an exploration of Leh visiting local bazaars and Buddhist monasteries along the Indus valley. A drive westwards along the river takes us to the quaint and beautiful Likir village, the starting point of our trek.
First three days of we will trek cross the high passes of Chagatse La (3630m) and Tsermangchan La (3750m), the highest point of our trek, both offering breathtaking views of the Ladakhi landscape - rough, rugged and barren dotted by tiny villages, monasteries perched on high mountain tops and a high Himalayan culture and lifestyle that has remained hidden and unchanged over centuries. Next, our trek descends to the exquisite Rizong monastery, located just north of the Indus followed by Hemis Shukpachan, a picturesque village and an uphill ascend to Temisgam (3600m).
The final stage of the tour takes us down to the road head at Khaltse, followed by a drive to Lamayuru where we will visit the famous monastery, dramatically perched high on a rock overlooking the village and bringing our thrilling adventure to a fitting finish.
- Fabulous landscapes and mountains trails in the high Himalayas
- A great opportunity to experience Ladakhi life and customs
- Hemis monastery, the largest and richest monastery in Ladakh.
- Charming Hemis Shukpachan and Themisgam villages
- Lamayuru monastery – splendidly sited on a steep, rocky mountain
- Flexible tailor-made booking options
Experience the ancient and fascinating Tibetan Buddhist culture trekking across the spellbinding lunar landscape of this remote corner of India on a thrilling 12-day adventure.
Inclusions / Exclusions
The Price Includes:
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis as per program.
- Arrival/Departure with assistance.
- AC transport as per program.
- English Speaking Local Guide as per Program.
- One bottle of water per person per day.
- All fuel, parking, toll, state taxes & driver allowances.
- GST 5%
The Price Excludes:
- Any airfare / visa / insurance
- Any meals except mentioned in the column cost includes.
- Any Monument Entrance Fees.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, beverages, laundry, telephone calls, photography, video fee, etc.
- Any new taxes / fees imposed by the Government.