CYCLING THROUGH SOUTH INDIA - 14 DAYS | BIKING 09 DAYS
DURATION : 13 Nights / 14 Days
DESTINATIONS : Bangalore - Mysore - Bandipur - Mudumalai - Ooty - Guruvayur - Cochin - Alleppey - Kovalam - Trivandrum
Best Season: January – February – March . October – November - December
We begin in the fascinating old city of Mysore, with its spectacular Maharaja’s Palace and venerable old temples. The area around the city is explored by bike, before we embark on a long ride into the hills and Bandipur National Park – once the hunting ground of the Mysore maharajas. We’ll spend a night here, with a visit to nearby Mudumalai on offer, too.
After a trip to the famous old hill station of Ooty we descend towards the coast, with a stay in the town of Guruvayoor: a highlight of the trip is a visit to the Krishna temple to see an authentic Hindu religious ceremony.
Down on the palm-lined Kerala coast, we’ll spend a day in the attractive old port of Cochin, before continuing on to Alleppey in the heart of the backwaters region. There will be an enjoyable cycle ride through the labyrinthine network of interconnected canals, rivers and inlets, and also a relaxing boat trip.
A final coastal ride takes us to Kovalam and a well-earned chance to laze on the beach – as well as reflect on an unforgettable experience of rural India.
- Cruise along the palm-fringed waterways of Kerala
- Look for exotic Indian wildlife in verdant national parks high in the hills
- Visit Mysore’s spectacular Maharaja’s Palace
- Watch the spectacular Hindu temple ceremony at Guruvayoor
- Explore the lovely old colonial mansions and quiet backstreets of Cochin
- Relax on the tropical beaches of Kovalam
- Flexible tailor-made booking options
With its vivid green landscapes, fascinating towns and villages, Southern India is a wonderful place to explore by bike. Our two-week itinerary is tailor-made for keen cyclists, combining extensive two-wheeled touring in the hills and national parks with a variety of cultural attractions and coastal beauty to get to the heart of this colorful tropical region.
Inclusions / Exclusions
The Price Includes:
- Accommodation Double Room Hotels Chosen by Guest (As Per Availability)
- Daily Breakfast At The Hotel
- Transportation In An Air –Conditioned Vehicle With Driver Assistance Of Our Local Offices During Arrival & Departure
- 01 Mineral Water Bottle Per Person per Day.
- Monks & Monkeys Surprise Departure Gift.
- All Applicable Taxes Like Fuel Charge, Parking Charge & Tall Taxes
- All Government Taxes (Till Date)
The Price Excludes:
- Domestic Flights & Airport Departure Tax From India (This Is Generally Included In Your Ticket)
- Visa Fees For India: Compulsory ; To Be Obtained From The Indian Consulate Of Your Country Of Residence ; Passport Valid 6 Months After Return Date)
- Any Meals Except Mentioned In The Column Prices Includes.
- Any Expenses Of Personal Nature Such As Tips Beverages, Laundry, Telephone Calls, Photography, Entrances And Video Fees, Etc.
- Any New Taxes / Fees Imposed By The Government