CULINARY TREATS OF SOUTH INDIA
DURATION : 10 Nights / 11 Days
DESTINATIONS : Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Pondicherry - Kumbakonam - Chettinad - Madurai - Thekkady - Alleppey - Cochin
Best Season : January – February – March – April October – November – December
The journey begins from Mahabalipuram where you have a session with the chef and have dinner at the restaurant, then next day visit Five Ratha (Chariot) Temple and drive to Pondicherry, while in Pondicherry visit the French colonies and try some sea food.
A drive to Kumbakonam en-route visit Airavatesvara Temple located in a small town Darasuram and then head to Silk weaving industry to watch the silk products. Then next day you visit icon industry to watch making of bronze statues and then head to Chettinad. In Chettinad stay in oldest property and try Chettinad cuisine in lunch also indulge in cooking demonstration of the famous Chettinad chicken cury followed by dinner.
On the way to Madurai you visit antique market, tile factory and saree weaving unit followed by lunch in a famous south Indian restaurant. In Madurai you visit Meenakshi Temple dedicated to Parvati and her consort Lord Shiva, later enjoy the traditional south Indian thali meal in dinner. Explore spice plantation in Periyar and also get a chance to buy some spices from the spice market. Enjoy morning jungle walk in Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary and afternoon is followed by cooking class on any one of Kerala spicy food.
Board a traditional houseboat and cruise through Vembanad Lake, then visit a village where you will have Onam Sadhya (variety of vegetarian dishes served on a banana leaf). Then relish the delicious Kuttanadan fish curry and chicken curry with traditional boiled Tapioca in dinner.
Cochin has so much to offer like you will visit Greenix village to watch the Kerala’s art forms and then visiting Dutch palace, Synagogue, St. Francis Church, Chinese fishing net and free to explore the streets of Fort Cochin. Also enjoy the cooking demonstration on any one of Kerala traditional specialties followed by Kerala fish platter in dinner.
- Get introduced to Indian cuisine by attending a cooking class by expert chefs
- Witness the live cooking demonstration, eating at traditional restaurants.
- Spice plantations walk in Thekkady
- Spend a night on a traditional houseboat amid the stunning beauty of the Kerala backwaters
- See wild elephants at Periyar national park
- Witness an animated Hindu temple in the bustling city of Madurai
- Flexible tailor-made booking options
This trip delivers you an immense opportunity to your taste buds with south India cuisines like Chettinad cuisine, different varieties of sea foods, Kuttanadan fish curry and chicken curry. Also get a chance to observe the live cooking demonstration of south Indian cuisine and eating at traditional restaurants. A visit to spice plantation and you will come to know about the different spices used in Indian cooking style. Enjoy a night on a traditional houseboat sailing on the beautiful Kerala backwaters.
Inclusions / Exclusions
he Price Includes:
- Accommodation Double Room Hotels Chosen by Guest (As Per Availability)
- Daily Breakfast At The Hotel
- Transportation In An Air –Conditioned Vehicle With Driver Assistance Of Our Local Offices During Arrival & Departure
- 01 Mineral Water Bottle Per Person per Day.
- Monks & Monkeys Surprise Departure Gift.
- All Applicable Taxes Like Fuel Charge, Parking Charge & Tall Taxes
- All Government Taxes (Till Date)
The Price Excludes:
- Domestic Flights & Airport Departure Tax From India (This Is Generally Included In Your Ticket)
- Visa Fees For India: Compulsory ; To Be Obtained From The Indian Consulate Of Your Country Of Residence ; Passport Valid 6 Months After Return Date)
- Any Meals Except Mentioned In The Column Prices Includes.
- Any Expenses Of Personal Nature Such As Tips Beverages, Laundry, Telephone Calls, Photography, Entrances And Video Fees, Etc.
- Any New Taxes / Fees Imposed By The Government