BEACHES AND BACKWATERS OF KERALA
DURATION : 5 Nights / 6 Days
DESTINATIONS : Cochin - Alleppey - Varkala - Trivandrum
Best Season: January- February- March – April & October- November – December
- Chinese fishing nets, an unusual and spectacular way to fish.
- Cruise down the backwaters of Alleppey and refresh your soul.
- A houseboat cruise with breathtaking views of untouched rural Kerala.
- Relax on the calm and quite Varkala beach.
- A leisurely walk through the streets of Fort Cochin - an old spice trading port.
- Flexible tailor-made booking options
The trip begins from Kochi which is a major port city and the capital of Indian state Kerala. Visit Chinese fishing nets at Fort Kochi, a very popular tourist attraction, then head to Manttancherry Palace also known as the Dutch Palace and Jewish Synagogue. An optional boat can be arranged near the harbor area at Kochi (Cochin).
Drive to Alappuzha also known as Alleppey – the “Venice of the East”. It is an important tourist destination and famous for its backwaters and enjoy a night on a traditional houseboat. The famous Nehru Trophy Boat Race also commence from here on Punnamada Lake.
Then you visit Varkala known for the beach and the cliffs, here you can just relax at the restaurants and enjoy the beauty of the Varkala or you can roam around and explore the shops.
|Destinations||Places to visit|
|Cochin||The Battlefords Provincial Park , Cochin Lighthouse & St. Francis Church|
This leisurely six day tour takes you through some of the most visually fascinating parts of the country. Explore the town of Cochin, an erstwhile spice trading centre, often referred to as the "Queen of the Arabian Sea". Cruising along the backwaters and watch life as it unfolds in its many fascinating forms. Spend a leisurely day on the beach shooting the breeze.
Inclusions / Exclusions
The Price Includes:
- Accommodation on twin / double sharing basis as per program.
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Assistance on arrival & departure
- All meals in houseboat
- Kathakkali Dance show at Cochin.
- All transfer & sightseeing by air conditioned vehicle with driver.
- Local English speaking guide as per the program.
- All monument entrances as per the program.,
- One bottle of mineral water per person per day.
- All fuel, parking, toll, state taxes & driver allowances.
- GST 5%
The Price Excludes:
- Any airfare / visa / insurance
- Any meals except mentioned in the column cost includes.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as tips, beverages, laundry, telephone calls, photography, video fee, etc.
- Any new taxes / fees imposed by the Government.
- Any type of tipping.